“72 hours in Madrid, an insider’s guide into the soul of Spain!”
To me, A perfect bag is like a cup of coffee… I’m much nicer after I’ve had one! Meet my new travel bestie, Longchamp’s latest Amazone’ handbag! Long story short, I was invited by my boyfriend for a quick surprise trip to Madrid for an impromptu “mini” vacation’ before both of our Christmas schedules started to go crazy… Having no time to pack or better yet “overpack”, I brought along left my along side my ultimate travel partner: my Amazone’ from of the renowned French luxury and leather goods company, Longchamp. Not only did this bag blend well with every single one of my day to night outfits, but also it’s cross-body and inside compartments make it truly the ideal and most comfortable bag to bring with me for every single one of my upcoming trips for this holiday season! #LongchampAmazone
…A bag that’s for sure, GOING PLACES! #LongchampPartner
Not only is this bag super chic but it’s much roomier than it looks and ideal for keeping necessities close at hand. The delicate convertible chain can be worn in multiple styles – long for a sophisticated look or as a comfy cross-body bag.
…Cuando las calles de Madrid hacen el “perfect backdrop”… say no more!
“Mis gustos son simples, un rico capuccino en puro clima madrileño y Longchamp!”
Outfits aside, I wanted to share a few of the spots I visited… and ps. this is probably one of the very times I’ve traveled without a busy agenda in place and just planned to to sip, munch and visit a few Insta-worthy spots. Madrid is all about spontaneity and I realized even the most basic plans tend to be forgotten after a few of days as you slip into the city life ….Come for the art, stay for the street life! Madrid blew me away with its clear skies and modern architecture all present while never loosing its European essence. A city rich with boutiques, street delis, and nightlife but whose soul rests in the traditional cafe’s, tapas bars and local shops that are the real soul of the city.
Where We Went:
- – We stayed at Icon Wipton by Petit Palace, a modern boutique hotel facing the Main Street of Serrano, super easy to walk around and visit a few of the best shops and restaurants of the neighborhood.
- -Cappuccino Grand Café for a nice cup of coffee with a view of the iconic Puerta de Arcalá.
- -Walk around Parque del Retiro’ and visit el Palacio de Crystal while enjoying nature’s music.
- -Restaurante Amazonico’ specifically, The Jungle Jazz Club.
- -Restaurante Numa Pompilio’ and had the best tiramisu ever made to order with with real biscotti and an espresso shot!
- -Restaurante Lateral’ if you’re looking for casual tapas with drinks.
- -Platea Madrid’ a gourmet Spanish food hall.
- -If you love a slight caffeine kick, Waycup Specialty Coffee is the way to go!
- -Visit the city’s now called art’s district Chueca’ and visit La MARCA
- – Close by you can find ‘Only You Boutique Hotels’. I fell in love with their fashion-forward elegance decor filled with abstract wall art.
When in Madrid… do as fashion bloggers do! One carry on + four different wardrobe changes around the streets of Salamanca. Thankfully I had @aleuriarte to make it worthwhile!
Places to Shop… and PS. Don’t forget to claim your tax returns!
-Bimba y Lola
-Loewe because it’s one of the most renowned Spanish luxury fashion houses based in Madrid.
-Mango & Zara usually have local limited finds you can splurge on!
-El Corte Ingles… obviously!
-Carolina Herrera holds 30% cheaper prices compared tu the US due to the Company’s Spain based production and manufacturing.
“Black is my happy color…”
Follow me along #voninmadrid & don’t forget to double tap the links attached below each picture to shop my outfits! I would love to hear back from you guys with comments or suggestions as I am still very new to the blogosphere but I promise I’m working on it! Stay tuned for more… with love, your girl… VON