I’m back to my regular schedule programing and here’s the 411 on all things trending post quarantine. As you know, it’s currently all about going for whatever the heck makes you happy and comfortable these days, rather than opting for what’s flattering or pretty. Therefore, let me bring you guys a little visual inspiration, off some of the coolest style – setters and friends, to help you jump on the trend wagon! (If you haven’t already done so!) Keep scrolling for my edit of favorite post quarantine trends so far…
- Padded Shoulder Tees, duh! Also known as a muscle tee with shoulder pads, that was haunting me all during quarantine, so I had to get my hands on it. I remember how it all started once Dries Van Noten made one for spring 2019, then I kept hearing how the Frankie Shop’s inspired T-Shirt was always sold out.Later it became clear that I had to put my creativity to good use make my own available to sell at Shop VON, click here to shop.
2. Who new fisherman chic’ would actually become a thing? Just when I thought we’d be wearing visors forever, here come the Bucket Hats! Something that went from 0 to 100 real quick! Originally started in the 90’s (obvi, what hasn’t?) … now can be used to instantly turn an obscure outfit into outstanding!
Ps. The trend is one of Kaia Gerber’s staples!
3. COVID, but make it fashion! Are scarves the new face masks? Personally, I consider scarves an essential part of my winter wardrobe, but today I’m going to blog about spring and summer seasons post COVID. We already know the multiple ways to style scarves as hair accessories and tops, but If there’s anything Olivia Palermo has shown is that style must always persist, even under a global pandemic. She’s been caught using vintage styled scarves as a face shield for protection. Icon, Olivia styles her scarves as a CDC recommended face mask to help slow the spread of the illness but always looking on point
4. The most controversial, Kitten Heel Thong Sandals are the most coveted this Summer! If fashion as taught us anything is that no trend truly dies… Kitten Heel Thong Sandals’ exist way back in the 90’s (what cool trend isn’t right?) During the late 00’s, slip on sandals ruled the streets and if you don’t believe me, lets take look back at Posh spice’s and Carrie Bradshaw’s iconic style.
5. Summer’s hottest shoe trend is DAD APPROVED… say hello to the “ugly shoe trend” aka Dad Sandals. At first, I must admit I was very negligent about going forward with this trend but let me tell you, and I repeat, never say never! The temperature is rising, summer is here and that can only mean one thing, sandals! I understand statement shoes don’t appeal to everyone but lets thanks Chanel for replicating its iconic chunky sandal for this season in pastel, making the ‘dad sandals’ a trend once again but this time, making it a wider appeal for all shapes, sizes and budgets! For a kick into the trend, I recommend trying out classic Birkenstocks for just $45 USD or at least, that what I did. Click here to shop my Amazon!
6. The TIKTOK Trend on How to Recreate the Outdoor Mirror Photoshoot. It’s all about taking a couple of selfies and the mirror’s reflective frame will create a unique effect where it looks as though the image has doubled. VON TIP: For final touches, I recommend using the Tezza app’s “flower” filter to add a ‘90s vintage feel. #photomagic
7. Traditional shorts are being swapped out for BERMUDAS this summer, So Move over bike shorts, there’s a new style in town! I’ve personally never been a short shorts ‘Daisy Duke’, kind of girl but believe me when I say that longer Bermuda shorts are a tad more wearable right now. Bermuda length shorts are all the rage as seen by The Row, Tom Ford, and Staud. They are modest, easy to style, and ultimately a trendy piece to incorporate into your summer wardrobe. Whether you prefer to wear them as denim for a more casual look, there’s also the vast option of faux leather for a more glamorous, going out option. Elevate your look by pairing it with an oversized blazer… the possibilities are endless! #VONapproved
8. Athleisure’ is in full force but tennis has taken it’s own force in fashion! It’s definitely a must to try on Tennis-inspired outfits this Summer season, decked in V-neck sweaters, shirt dresses, tulip skirts, and canvas sneakers.